The Greek Association of Information and Communication Companies (SEPE) held the Digital Economy Forum on the 19th December, the annual forum on digital economy. OTS supports the event once more, as a silver sponsor.
Keynote speakers took the stand and spoke of the need for the digital transformation that has become a necessity for the countries that aspire to provide their citizens. Ministers, members of the government and the opposition, as well as officers of the European Institutions were engaged in a fruitful conversation on how to best engage in a quick and effective digital transformation.
The major topics that were analysed were the following:
- Investments and technology hubs
- Making the best of the human resources
- Boosting the digitalization of the country
- State digitalisation
- Smart cities and their role in innovation
- The importance of cybersecurity
- Infrastructure development
- The challenges and the opportunities of the next day
Best practices, plans for the coming days, and the benefits that arise from the adoption of smart technology were major issues of the conference.