Project Title: “Electronic Services for the country’s Detention Facilities”
Beneficiary: Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights
Contractors: Union of companies OTS S.A – ALTEC INTEGRATION S.A – INTRASOFT INTERNATIONAL S.
Start Date: 22/07/2014
Duration: 15 months
The integrated information system “Electronic Services for Detention Facilities” contributes to the overall upgrading and proper functioning of procedures applied by the Greek Penitentiary System and to the utilization of the possibilities offered by new technologies, in order to substantially provide advanced online services to all stakeholders.
The system implementation is of utmost importance as it is estimated that will be used by around 260,000 users. The beneficiaries of digital services are prisoners (12,000 approximately), direct relatives (40,000 approximately), lawyers (about 10,000), Social Services and Associations, Institutions such as embassies, NGOs, Local Authorities, and released prisoners whose number is estimated at about 200,000.
The system comprises a large number of subsystems with the main ones being the:
- Prisoners File Management.
- Economic and Accounting Management.
- Warehouse Management.
- Personnel Management.
- Electronic Protocol Module.
- Document & Workflow Management.
- Fleet Management.
- Information Management System (MIS).
Indicative digital services provided are:
- Application and issuance of Detention Certificates.
- Application and issue of ethical / disciplinary control certificates.
- Application and issue of medical certificates.
- Visiting Scheduling.
- Verification of electronic documents and information of stakeholders.